Friday, August 17, 2012

The Pumpkin Gang are Back

Making craft pumpkins,


If you are a newer follower, you might not know about my pumpkin gang that I designed last year  using dollar store pumpkins.  Even though it is still August  and I am  NOT thinking about Halloween yet,  I am posting this because you need to start watching for the dollar store pumpkins NOW. The last time I was in the dollar store they were adding their fall line, and these pumpkins sell out fast.




I plan on adding to the pumpkin gang this year, and have a few ideas.  Here are the links to my old posts, so you can see how to make  last year's pumpkins.


I actually used a white pumpkin for the Vampire that I had bought on clearance from the craft store the year before. I wasn't sure what to do with it, until I saw a Vampire party in a magazine.   I really like Vampy, and I am partial to him.   You can see how to make him, HERE.


The next pumpkin I made was the Mummy.   His eyes, gauze and pipe cleaners are also from the dollar store.    You can see how to make Mr. Mummy HERE.

Frankenpumpkin was the next one to join the gang.  He was pretty simple to make with just paint and google eyes.  You can see how to make Frankenpumpkin HERE.


 Another one of our favorites was our black cat. There are a couple of ways you can make black depending on how you want him to looks.   With his big eyes and white whiskers, he is definitely on the cute side.
If you add black felt eyelids and black pipecleaner whiskers (which I did not have or they so would have been on his face), he has a different look.   You can see how I made the black cat HERE.




The last on to join the gang was Witchipoo.  Her hair is made from a boa that I also bought at the dollar store.  I used some scrap felt for her hat, and some painted clay for her nose. You can see how to make her HERE.

Stay tuned to see who joins the gang this year!



1 comment:

  1. These are so cool! My weekly linky party--One Creative Weekend--has gone spooky this week in honor of my thirteenth party. If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll visit "One Creative Weekend" on OneCreativeMommy.com (open every Fri-Wed) and link up this idea and anything else you’d like to share. (You can include non-Halloween posts as well, but feel free to link up as many Halloween-themed posts as you like.) There are two categories—one for Halloween and one for everything else.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!