Monday, August 13, 2012

Guest Post by Creative Kid Snacks

A few days ago I met Amy from the wonderful new blog Creative Kid Snacks.  I just loved  everything I saw on her blog .   I  like it so much, I asked her if she would like to do a guest post and share some of her snacks. With it being time to go back to school, so many of her creative ideas would make super fun lunches or after school snacks. They will also definitely encourage your toddlers and preschoolers to eat healthy while having fun.  

Now lets say a big welcome to Amy!




Mommy Stories 


Hello to all of Pam's friends!

I'm Amy and I blog over at Creative KidSnacks; my brand new blog that showcases easy, healthy, and imaginative snacks and lunches to make with your child.  



I began making creative lunches for my little girl, Grace, about a year ago.  Since that first day when I had the inspiration to transform her regular sandwich and fruit into a cute little girl with a friendly face, arms, and legs, the fun of lunchtime continues to be a highlight of our day.
It is a time of excitement and bonding for us now.  It's a way that I show the girls how much I love them.  
It also turns the monotony of making lunch into a fun time.

We have made everything from animals to Bible stories to movies to scenes from our everyday life.  

Here are some of my personal favorites.  Click the link below to see the full description and tutorial!

Hot air balloon
Disney's "Up" lunch

Airplane Dessert
Flower Pot Snack


The ingredients I use to make the lunches are foods most of us have in our homes.  I don't use any special tools or techniques that you couldn't replicate, so you can feel confident that your creative lunch will come out great if you decide to try one.

I hope you'll come by and visit me at Creative Kid Snacks.  Browse all the snacks by ingredient or type.  Try a creative snack for your own kids today!
Mommy Stories
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Great guest post! We love doing food art too, but we are not nearly as creative as that!

    Hi Pam, I'm visiting from the MMM Hop and I'm now following you via Twitter, Linky, GFC (which I don't have), Pinterest and by email. I would love for you to visit us at http://motherdaughterbookreviews.com and reciprocate. Thx! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam and Amy! I'm a new follower from the blog hop! Come over and enter my mega random box giveaway {over 30 items}! You could win them for yourself or give them to some else as a gift!

    xoxo ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!