Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Favorite Summer Meal


One of our favorite meals in the summer is Zucchini Spaghetti.  I thought this might be the perfect time to share this recipe with the garden zucchini just about ready to eat.  

Depending on how much zucchini you want to add, cut up 2-3 medium size zucchini. Place the slices in a skillet with some olive oil.  I cook mine on medium heat.


While the zucchini is cooking,  prepare a pot of your favorite pasta.   This time we used rotini, because that is what I had in the pantry.  

Once the zucchini is done, add the entire skillet to the pot of pasta including the olive oil.  I consider the zucchini to be done when all the pieces have softened.  Some may brown more than others and that is okay. It gives the dish more flavor.  I do not drain the water from the pot before serving.  


Can you believe that I was so excited to eat last night I forgot to take an after picture?! I took one today when I made some of the leftovers for lunch.    The toppings can pretty much be your choice. We love it with mozzarella, cheddar and parm.  I also like to add a bit of garlic salt to my plate.   In our family, each person adds their own mix of cheese to their taste.  Kara, for example, has a little bit a pasta with her cheese. She is also going through a phase where she doesn't want to eat the zucchini.  I, on the other hand, LOVE the zucchini. The more the better.  

This is a light meal that is just so perfect for a hot summer day!  

I will be linking up my recipe on these linky parties HERE!

9 comments:

  1. Hmmm...that sounds interesting! I'll have to try it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm! I love zucchini. I have a kid who has a little bit of dinner with her cheese, too! I'm hosting a linky party "One Creative Weekend" at OneCreativeMommy.com. I'd love for you to visit and link up this idea and/or anything else you'd like to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! That looks yummy!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great! I'm trying to add more veggies into our meals, and this would certainly fit the bill. Found you @ Pinkapotamus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta try this recipe.Stopping by from the blog hop. New follower your welcome to visit anytime. http://www.southernmadeintheshade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks soo yummy! My lovely girl would just love this! We'll have to give it a try!
    Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE healthy things to cook and make for my family and this is just perfect.. Thanks so very much for sharing this with the ALL STARS BLOCK PARTY... I like this so much I'm going to feature it...

    Thanks again,
    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so yummy!! I really love it. It would be my best summer meal. Thanks for share.
    Thanks
    Paleo Breakfast
    http://paleoforbreakfast.info/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!