Saturday, June 4, 2011

Beach Party Marshmellow Pops




With Kara's Beach Bash Birthday in  just a few weeks, we are thinking about what kind of treats to serve.  We want to do some kind of pop.   Our Meijer store recently started carrying the Jumbo Marshmellows which are the perfect size for some swimming and surfing bears.  

Until today I did not realize that Teddy Grahams are not all the same.  Did you know that some of the bears are arms down with feet apart, and some are arms up with feet together?   We used the arms up bears for the little surfers. 




I tried a couple of different types of candy to make surfboards.   Taffy type candy worked well because it is  on the thicker side and is easy to mold.  If you have a piece that is hard to manipulate, microwave for 5 seconds to soften it up.   Either use an oval cookie cutter or mold into shape with your hands. 


I also tried to make surfboards with fruit roll ups.  While they have a cooler look, they stick to the wrapper and are very thin.   If your fruit roll up is too sticky, refridgerate it for a few minutes and it will be easier to pull off the wrapper. 


For the intertuber you would need some sort of ring candy.  These peach rings were the perfect size for the Teddy Grahams. 


It is easier to prepare your bears before melting the chocolate for the marshmellows.


Because the jumbo marshmellows are so big, I used a thicker and longer size stick.  If you use the smaller stick your marshmellow will be top heavy. 




Dip in the marshmellows in melted blue candy melts.  Add your swimming and surfing bears on top of the melted chocolate.
Depending on what candy you find,  you can easily change the colors of the intertubes and surfboards. 



I have linked this treat up on many incrediable blogs.  Please make sure to check out my linky party page and check them out!

13 comments:

  1. That is the cutest idea! I LOVE IT! Now you got my wheels turning. I want to figure out someway to make a scene on a marshmallow too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!!! PLEASE stop by my blog and share these at my For the Kids link party! Love to have you!!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/06/for-kids-friday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative!!! Love this idea!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my linky :)
    http://jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com/2011/06/gift-bag-redo-diy.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a great job! Maria
    raising4princesses@yahoo.com
    http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute :)

    Jackie
    http://jaclyndesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Great job!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never seen anything like it (so cute). I never noticed those bears had different poses either, I just crack open the bag and munch away smh lol. I'm a new follower from the craft blog hop. Hope you will enjoy my blog too:)

    http://slipstitchesandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm stopping by from Polka dots on parade. There are stinkin' adorable! Love it!
    http://acraftycook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Cute!! My niece will love this for her birthday!

    This would be perfect for my Foodie Friday linky party - stop by this week and link up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

    Come strut your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for linking up to Bacon Time. Our first party was a big hit with over 300 links. I can't wait to see what you have for me next week. I have a special give away planned just for linkers at the party. I would love it if you would add my party button to your lovely collection. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm featuring these in tonight's For the Kids link party! Thanks so much for sharing them. Stop by and grab an A++ button. Love to have you link up more of your fun ideas while you're there!

    :)rachel at http://SunScholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!